|This is the author.|
- You thought you had problems with seasonal hiring? You have no idea how hard it is to find 1000 or more elves to work for 5 months. Particularly these days, with so many of them finding other work in the movies. (See Harry Potter series for example.)
- You can only interview so many before you have to take a break from the squeaky voices.
- Need I say anything about diversity? Next to impossible. Fortunately we have no government contracts so that makes it a bit easier.
- Always being “short” on help, if you get my drift.
- Dealing with egos. Not only does he have a red nose, but he has a big head about it. Yes, you know who I am talking about.
- Making employees understand that we do NOT take weather days.
- Having to organize the “reindeer games”. I thought I was done with carrying the “watermelon to the picnic.”
- Breaking up fights. Employees with antlers tend to butt heads occasionally.
- Keeping Santa away from the Christmas “cheer.”
- Sexual harassment training, see above.
- Telecommuting employees…. Elves on the Shelves
- Deer poop.
- The constant “HO HO HO”. (See Christmas cheer)
He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle,
And away they all flew like the down of a thistle.But I heard him exclaim, 'ere he drove out of sight,"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night!"